Miriam Fanning is the director of Mim Design, one of Melbourne’s leading architecture and interior design practices.
In this episode, Mim and I discussed:
- Her process for interviewing new clients during the briefing stage to learn as much as possible about their likes, dislikes, and daily rituals; and why she believes these discoveries help the studio to develop more authentic design concepts.
- How the studio has developed new offerings in furniture selection and art curation, looking at the details of managing budgets and logistics, to the marketing benefits of highly resolved projects and the potential for repeat business.
- How Mim communicates the overall design process to new clients by giving them a look inside the drawings and documentation of real projects so they that can more easily grasp the deliverables the studio provides, and outcomes of each stage.
- The campaign Mim is taking on with the Design Institute of Australia to push for better recognition and protection of interior designer’s professional expertise and titles.
- A quick look at how Mim approaches the studio’s photoshoots, marketing and public relations; with a focus on heavy investment in key projects, exploring new opportunities for media exposure, and her experiences working with a PR agency.
If you’d like to learn more about Mim Design, you can visit mimdesign.com.au
. You can also follow the studio on Instagram @mimdesignstudio
Office Talk is hosted by Dave Sharp, M.Arch—an architectural marketing expert and the director of Office D.SHARP
, a practice providing specialised consultancy, marketing and PR services tailored to meet the particular needs of architects. Working as a sole practitioner, Dave employs a collaborative, conversational approach to his work, fostering long-standing relationships that yield tangible results for clients.
- ArchiPro showcases the best and latest in the architecture and building industry, and connects people with trusted trade professionals and products to suit their needs. Visit ArchiPro.com.au to learn more.
- Mast Furniture is an established furniture design and manufacturing company based in Brisbane. In operation for 10+ years, Mast has built a national and international reputation for producing high quality, technically challenging furniture. Visit mastfurniture.com.au to learn more.
- Learn Business Strategy, Finance, and Leadership from Spotify, Wolff Olins, Monzo, Pentagram, AKQA, and others with Future London Academy’s MBA for Design Leaders. Five 2-week modules in London and California. Only 30 spots available, so learn more and apply at bit.ly/chiefdesigner.