Neil Hugh Kenna and Lillian Lim are the Directors of NHO, a brand strategy and marketing agency who specialise in design and the built environment. Some of the clients NHO manages include Milieu, Fieldwork, Mim Design, Daniel Boddam Studio, The National Gallery of Victoria and Melbourne Design Week.
In this episode, Neil, Lillian and I discussed:
- A high-level introduction to brand strategy, from the benefits of investing the time to explore what your brand is about, to the types of questions NHO ask their clients to help them unearth unique insights.
- Why it’s essential to figure out your brand strategy before making tactical decisions about your marketing, social media and digital presence.
- How a brand strategy document can be used to help you make a variety of important decisions in your practice, from hiring to your annual reviews.
- The importance of consistency and a curated quality to your marketing, website and social media–and why practices should think carefully about the projects they show on their website.
- An in-depth look at how NHO approach the PR process, from setting clear objectives, deciding on focus projects, managing stakeholders such as consultants, builders and clients, and finally their thoughts on how to select the right mix of publications to align with your goals.
Office Talk is hosted by Dave Sharp, M.Arch—an architectural marketing expert and Director of Office D.SHARP, a practice providing specialised consultancy, marketing and PR services tailored to meet the particular needs of architects. Working as a sole practitioner, Dave employs a collaborative, conversational approach to his work, fostering long-standing relationships that yield tangible results for clients.
This episode was supported by ArchiPro
. ArchiPro showcases the best and latest in the architecture and building industry, and connects people with trusted trade professionals and products to suit their needs. Visit ArchiPro.com.au
to learn more.