Chris Gilbert is a director at Archier, an 11-person architecture practice with offices in Melbourne and Hobart. Archier are best known for their award winning residential projects such as View House, Corner House and Sawmill House. Outside of their main design services, the studio is also busy selling their own range of lighting products, will soon be offering a selection of pre-fabricated home designs to the residential market, and is currently building an advanced manufacturing facility that will be made available to other architecture practices in the near future.
In this episode, Chris and I spoke about:
- Archier’s approach to social media that has helped them to gain 65’000 followers on Instagram.
- Why Archier sees value in entering their projects into a variety of awards programs throughout the year.
- Why it’s important to make your work stand out, and how you can design your process to make producing distinctive and interesting work more achievable.
- What makes an ideal client for Archier, and how they structure their client selection process.
- Why Archier starts every project with a $10,000 concept design package.
This episode was supported by ArchiPro
. ArchiPro showcases the best and latest in the architecture and building industry, and connects people with trusted trade professionals and products to suit their needs. Visit ArchiPro.com.au
to learn more.