David Welsh is a director of Sydney-based practice Welsh + Major, who are known for their creative and rigorous approach to public, residential and commercial projects. David is also a prolific architectural writer, with his words appearing in the top architectural magazines on a regular basis.
In this episode, we discussed:
- How the studio was able to win their first public projects in the early years of the practice by reaching out to potential clients.
- Why it’s important to get comfortable talking about yourself, what you can do, and what you want to do—so that potential clients can keep you in mind for future projects.
- Simple tips to help you find an interesting story within your projects, and why storytelling and words can help you stand out from the crowd.
- How Welsh + Major were able to clarify their message down to “We are modern-ish architects” and why it’s been successful in attracting new clients to the studio.
- The reasons behind Welsh + Major’s recent rebrand, the costs involved, and how the process helped them to notice and address weaknesses that had been holding the practice back.
This episode was supported by ArchiPro
. ArchiPro showcases the best and latest in the architecture and building industry, and connects people with trusted trade professionals and products to suit their needs. Visit ArchiPro.com.au
to learn more.