Mat Barnes is the director of CAN, a young UK-based practice whose unique and expressive projects have seen the studio awarded the RIBA Rising Star Award in 2021, and the RIBA London Award for the Mountain View house in 2022.
In this episode, we discussed:
- The benefits of raising your profile within the industry as a springboard to working on bigger public project teams.
- Why Mat looks outside of architecture for design and business inspiration, and how this helps him to take a differentiated approach to his social media, marketing and photographic style.
- How Mat uses weekly email and Instagram outreach to grow his professional network and discover new project opportunities for the studio.
- The press and photography strategy Mat follows to ensure his projects are reaching the right audience of potential clients.
- Why encouraging clients to feel safe expressing their unique personality and tastes in their project can make the architect’s job of marketing the finished project so much easier.
This episode was supported by ArchiPro
. ArchiPro showcases the best and latest in the architecture and building industry, and connects people with trusted trade professionals and products to suit their needs. Visit ArchiPro.com.au
to learn more.